Mortgage Back Securities Strong - Are Rates Improving?


Today's MBS (mortgage-backed securities) market has already started off extremely strong, and all the factors look strong for a positive movement in rates - BUT - I do believe this is again the roller coaster ride we have been on for the past two weeks.  We are hitting the 100 day moving average, and if we can break that barrier, it will be beneficial for Mortgage rates.  However, as I have said time and time again, the recent past performance for the past two weeks has been flat.  I did however change my stance a "tiny bit" with some optimism that if you want to float cautiously, do such, but the advise that I would still tend to lean is LOCK if you are closing in the next 30 days.

Let us see what the rest of the day brings.  If you need any assistance in regards to financing, give me a call at 314-744-7806, or visit my website by clicking on the link below:
Call The Money Man

Comments

Popular Posts